1. How old are your dreads?
Four months today :)
2. How many dreadlocks do you have?
I dont even know, I think 47
3. How long are they?
Fairly short, but not like super short like some peoples. My hair was around 6-7 inches when I backcombed it, now they are about 5-6 inches on average
5. How did everyone respond to them? Negatively? Positively?
A little bit of both.
6. What do you LOVE about your dreads?
They are getting tighter and more matted every day, and they are such an easy hairstyle. No styling needed, and I used to have a pompadour that took forever to style, so it’s awesome to be able to wake up and go.
7. What do you dislike about them?
I want them to be longerrrrrr
8. What are some of your pet peeves that come with having dreads?
When random people that I don’t know just walk up and touch them
9. Have you ever dyed them? Do you want to? If so, what colour?
Nope and nope!
10. Do you do any daily maintenance to your dreads? What are the steps included?
I used to do daily maintenance, but I kinda got bored with it, and they look good already, so I just figured I’d let my dreads be dreads.
11. What dreadlock products do you stand by and why?
Dreadhead hq shampoo.
12. Which products do you regret trying?
13. What method did you use to start your locks?
14. How much did it cost to get them done?
Did them at my house for free.
15. What compliments have you ever received about your dreads?
A lot of people tell me they like them
16. Have you Influenced anyone to start their own dread journey?
I’ve helped a few people with questions, but I don’t know about any that I have influenced.
17. Are you happy with how your dreadlocks look?
Yes! Except I want them longer…
18. What would you change about your locks if you could go back in time?
19. How do you normally style/wear your dreads?
Just down, or in a beanie or headband if it’s a day after a wash when they’re really frizzy or something lol
20. How do you envision you and your dreads 5 years from now? Will you still even have them?
I don’t know if I’ll still have them! I plan on keeping them for a few years, but in 5 years, I should be out of school with a few degrees and looking for a corporate job, and they don’t usually accept dreadlocks.